Saturday, November 1, 2008

I LOVE This Song

Since being married I have hardly listened to any country music, with a few exceptions. One being my favorite Christmas CD ever that I HAVE to listen to every Christmas (with the exception of my mission). Its by Garth Brooks and I got it for Christmas in 1991, my first CD ever (that CD is older than three of my siblings). Other than that I rarely ever listen to country music, once you stop listening to it and you go back to it - it just sounds so depressing. Just my personal opinion and I'm sure I'm offending lots of people - sorry. Ryan can't stand country music, except for maybe a couple songs, so we just never listen to it.
So the other day (really other week - time goes by way too fast) we were driving somewhere flipping through the radio channels when a country song came on and Penelepe yelled in her most excited sweet voice, "I LOVE THIS SONG!" Both Ryan and Oliver groaned "oh no". Since then its been a battle over what song to listen to, with Oliver and Penelepe saying "you Always get to listen to what You want".

4 comments:

Ashley and Ezra said...

Des, I feel your pain! Your brother wont let me listen to Country music either... so sometimes when I'm home alone I will turn in on! I have a new favorite song, Taylor Swift (Of course I totaly forgot what its called) I think Love Song or Story? I cant remember, but I love it!

camandholls said...

Hi Deseree, This is Hollie Gneiting, I found your blog through my moms. I just thought I would stop by and say hi. You have such a cute family!

The Fami-Lee said...

So funny, Deseree'! I can't stand that the kids on my bus won't let me listen to anything but COUNTRY! ARRGGH! I feel compelled to open their minds but they just won't tolerate anythin else. The other day I was playing some hip-hop stuff and one of the kids said ,"you should turn off this black-people music". Can you believe that??? I wanted to kick the crap out of him right then and there. (of course, it didn't help that he looks just like the kid on Black Sheep with the fire extinguisher)

Melissa said...

What garth song was it? oh and yeah chris didn't let me listen to country either until just recently....he's taken a liking to taylor swift, you need to listen to "our song"