Sunday, January 22, 2012

"My Baby"

I am fearful for our new baby girl. Violette is so excited I'm afraid she is going to smother her. Constantly all day long she says, "Mommy you have a baby in your belly? Where's her shirt? My baby like this. My baby want to eat this." The baby in my belly is no longer my baby but Violette's baby. Violette watched the entire 20 minute dvd of the ultra sound and kept asking where her shirt was, and it still baffles her that she doesn't have a shirt on. After watching the video she asked if she could feed the baby, and we had to explain that the baby eats what I eat. Violette will bring me food all day long saying, "My baby wants to eat this." Usually it's candy. The other day she brought me candy even before breakfast saying My baby wants to eat this, and when I told her that her baby sister doesn't eat treats before lunch she said, "yes she does". Violette is also concerned that her baby sister is bored. She'll hand me toys and tell me, "My baby wants to play with this, " and then she'll set it on my tummy. The other day she brought me a candle stick holder for her sister to play with. She also wants to kiss her baby sister all the time.
If she is this infatuated with her sister now, what is it
going to be like when she can actually see and touch her sister?
I'm scared.

5 comments:

Boss said...

I admire your restraint. Baby sister might not eat candy before lunch, but that's no reason you shouldn't. Don't let that baby (or Violette) boss you around!

Also, congratulations! Did I say that already? I loved your announcement. We give it ten thumbs up from the Hopkins family!

Maggie said...

oh my goodness, that is adorable! i think it is so nice the Violette is so excited about "her" baby! Katy has times where she is (much) less than thrilled that SHE has a baby sister so i often wonder what it would be like if she were super happy about her...
also, congrats! your announcement was super cute! that was kind of how WE announced that AJ was going to be a girl (although i made Mark make a photo slideshow that looked like a movie trailer, with a soundtrack & everything! if i can figure out how i want to put it on my blog).

Falon Felsted said...

Bwahahaha! Love it!

Falon Felsted said...

Oh, and I'm totally stumped on names too. We are hoping for some divine inspiration :) I can't wait to hear what you decide on!

Kristen said...

So cute! I can't remember if I knew it was a girl or not, but congrats! You guys make such cute girls, you might as well keep going.