Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Drive and a Surprise




The drive from Buffalo to St. George went by surprisingly fast. We left NY at 7 pm on Friday and drove in to St. George on Monday afternoon. Thanks to 8 Redbox movies the kids did great . How about our MacGyver Dvd player. The kids had their own personal theatre.





Violette was constantly pulling out the cords,but if we threatened with no swimming at Momma and Papa Lees she would stop - usually.





The pool is as amazing as the kids remembered.





Penelepe talked about the slide the entire drive.




Now for the surprise. You know how you have things planned in life... such as, I will have my children spaced 2 years about and I will have a dozen. Really, before I was married I wanted a dozen. That quickly changed after I got married and the reality set in, but I still planned on having my kids 2 years apart. Well things happened and my kids aren't 2 years apart, and at first I was disappointed but in the end it has worked out for the best for us. Well the job we had planned on Ryan having here in St. George, and the reason we moved out here, fell through a couple days after we got here. But just as my kids aren't spaced 2 years apart it will all work out in the end.

3 comments:

Candi & Ezra said...

Glad to hear you guys made it and the drive out there didn't kill you. Sorry to hear about the suprise! What a bummer, I am sure another one will pop up before you know it!! We had a little "suprise" too...we thought we sold our house...SUPRISE...Life is fun sometimes isn't it :) Miss you guys!

Boss said...

Oh no! I'm sorry things haven't gone as you planned. I'm sure something else will work out, but it sure is stressful in the meantime. Hang in there! And enjoy the pool. It does look awesome. I'd talk about that slide all the way across the country too!

Natalie said...

Glad you made it. Sorry to hear about the job. Life is hard when it doesn't go as planned. I hope something comes up soon! OR maybe it already has - I'm a little late commenting on this post.