Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween


My favorite part of Halloween is the food!

The kids were completely grossed out when I told them we were having intestines for dinner. Well....they were completely grossed out when I told them what intestines were and what was in them. They couldn't believe I was feeding them body parts.



Our church party was fun as always! I wish I would have taken more pictures of everyone. I might have to steal some pictures from blogs and post them on mine. That's legal right? Just in case you're not sure who we are - we are Mary Poppins and clan. I asked Penelepe what she wanted to be for Halloween at her school and she said Jane. I told her everyone wouldn't know who she was without the rest of us, and she didn't care. She later told me her teacher knew who she was and she DID NOT have to tell her. Pretty amazing teacher.

Mrs. Banks, she was my favorite.

Someone had the Brilliant idea of making Goliath and then using a sling shot to shoot marshmallows at him (thanks sugardoodle). Did you know it is illegal to buy a sling shot in the State of New York. hmmmm - really annoying. Ok, not all sling shots are illegal, but they don't sell any in New York, at least not in Buffalo. We did use a legal style made from a wire hanger.

At Halloween I think all kids wish Rozannah was their mother. Lorenzo and Solomon were so cute.

All homemade, including her blue fairy costume.



My handsome "sweeper".

2 comments:

Falon Felsted said...

I'm so glad you posted your culinary delights for my viewing pleasure. I actually thought about you not a week ago and wondered what delightful creations you were dreaming up! I even thought I should get my act together and make a fun Halloween dinner but it never happened! Maybe next year :) Of course, maybe next year I'll just drop by your house and enjoy some of yours ;)

Love the costumes!

The Playin' Lakins said...

I love your costumes! That is so awesome! And your food always looks delish, I'm so jealous. I don't even think of doing fun things like that. You're my hero.