Sunday, November 7, 2010

Our week


How about this lovely outfit? She does dress herself everyday. Even on days when she asks me to help her, I'll pull something out and then she'll say, "No I want to wear this." On Friday they have theme days at school. Last Friday it was mix match day.

Our "Little Mother".

Oliver's first diorama. The Raft by Jim LaMarche

Oliver's teacher from his first grade class, Miss Sacco, is brilliant and I love her. She organized a fundraiser for "not wanted" candy to be sent to our service men overseas. Oliver said they "raised at least over 400 pounds". If that really is true - that is sick. Can you believe all that candy could have possibly been eaten by the kids. He also thinks his school got the most out of any schools in the state. Even if it's not true - I still love the fundraiser. Our kids were only allowed to keep 14 pieces each (2 for each day for the week). They were great about it and didn't even complain. What good kids.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

That is an AWESOME outfit! Looks suspiciously like something Lizzie would pick out!
I am so impressed by Oliver's diorama! It looks like he put some seriously hard work into it, good for him.
I'm also really impressed with that "candy drive". What an amazing idea! It sounds like your kids (and the kids they go to school with) have really generous hearts. So neat!