Monday, September 6, 2010

Last few weeks of summer


This girl LOVES to wear any shoe she can find.

He is so old he gets his own locker! School hasn't started yet, but he did meet his teacher and find his locker.







We spent Labor Day at Niagara Falls. We are right above the falls on Three Sisters Island. The three sister's were daughters of Parkhurst Whitney, and said to be the first white woman to visit the island. They crossed the river while it was iced over. Not all the gold in the world would have made me cross the ice, with Niagara Falls just a couple hundred yards away. Yes, I'm a whimp.



This is what you get when you have the cheapest wife in the world who doesn't buy a $7.99 automatic pencil sharpener. Oliver did about 20 and needed a "rest", which was probably true, then his genius Dad took over. Who needs an automatic sharpener now?
This video I'm sure will be boring for everyone, so don't watch - it's just to archive Violette's voice, even though she really is only screaming on this video. Since I said don't watch it, you probably will want to, but honestly it's boring. But I do love her voice, she has such a low almost smokeresque voice. It's so cute.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

Man I wish I wouldn't have watched that...jokes! Your kids look like they play so well together. Lucky!
And I might challenge you on the cheapest mom on planet Earth title.

The Playin' Lakins said...

A: Our little girls are not so little anymore! This makes me sad
B: You have the cutest kids in the world!
C: I can't believe Oliver has a locker already!
D: My brother is a freakin' genius! I am still laughing at the newly redesigned automatic pencil sharpener. If only I had saved the one we got as a wedding gift . . . I could have sent it to you. :)

Collings Family said...

I love Niagara, how awesome to be so close!
Good luck with school this year!