Sunday, September 13, 2009

Because Everyone Knows I love Flowers

I have to post the wedding flowers!
The Happy Couple.

It has been so long since I've been able to do a wedding and I loved doing Grandma's! Thanks Grandma for asking me. You know it has been way too long since you've played with flowers when you can actually smell them.

Grandma's Bouquet - Can you see the ferns? They are in the shape of a heart - super cheesy - but I loved it.

Bridesmaid Bouquets. One of Grandma's Bridesmaids, Margret, was one of her original bridesmaids at her first wedding with Grandpa Ted.

Buffet Table
Whose mouth is watering? Rozannah did an amazing job with the Groom's Cake and she even made the cupcake wedding tower!

And it isn't a real party without lots of chocolate.

Those starfish were just too cute to resist.

Grandma said if she ever got remarried she would marry in Hawaii - but instead she decided to have her family there at her wedding. So we brought the beach to her.




Thanks Rob for hanging the lanterns without complaining! And for always asking what now?


Thanks Erika for knowing how to pin this on - nothing stresses me out more than getting the bout on without any blood.

Don't worry the fish were freed in a pond after the reception.
Thanks to everyone that helped. I had so much fun! Thanks to Ryan for watching Violette for almost the entire day. Good thing she has reserves to live off of for a day or so. And thanks to my sisters, which includes Ashley who ironed my skirt while I was setting up, and Mom, and Aunt Carrie for watching all the babies and toddlers. And thanks to all the cousins and Margret for sewing strings of orchids (I didn't get any pictures of those or the sign in table!)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Deseree, you did such an amazing job!! Everything was absolutely gorgeous and perfect! I wish we could have hung out more, but I loved being able to see you and your cute family again!! Love you!

Maggie said...

I am (and was) SO impressed with the beautiful decorations at Grandma's reception! You have such a great gift & it was so nice that you shared it. I LOVE the pictures of the whole family from the other post too! SO gorgeous!

Ashley and Ezra said...

You are so talented Des... If only I could have had you do the flowers at my wedding... Oh wait I did!!!

Falon Felsted said...

The flowers are fantastic!!! You knocked them right out of the ball park!

Melissa said...

Great work Deseree', everything looked fabulous! Loved seeing pics of everyone, hope it's not too much longer until we see each other, it's been too long already, like 4 years!!!