Sunday, March 29, 2009

Catching up with Oliver

First missing tooth 3-26-2009.
At Christmas time Oliver received several wonderful gifts from his kindergarten teacher, whom we love. Among the gifts was this cute silhouette of Oliver that I loved, until Ryan said it looks like Mikey from Goonies. Now it makes me laugh every time I see it.

Oliver is fascinated by VOLCANOES and EARTHQUAKES. Hopefully this is as close as he gets to a real live volcano, unless he serves his mission in Ecuador.

Oliver made this "bird treat" at Christmas time, but we saved it until it warmed up. It has been swinging outside our window for weeks now, and it finally received visitors. Two at once, the cardinal was shy of the camera (we think that's a cardinal).

If only life was this simple. Oliver was to complete this sentence, One thing our President can do to make our country a better place . . . . . . If you can't see his answer, this is what he dictated to me, "to help people by telling them not to run in the street." His close call with a car last summer still must haunt him a little (as it does me).

It looks like Oliver is following his Mom in the art department. We'll know for sure if he is still drawing stick figures in high school.

3 comments:

The Playin' Lakins said...

Ah, to be a kid again. Missing teeth, bird treats . . . those were the days.
What close call with a car??

Falon Felsted said...

Jeffrey totally agrees about Mikey from goonies! We had a good laugh! I can't believe how big that kiddo is getting!

Kristen said...

It is Mikey! What a cute boy. Maybe Obama needs a few 5 yr. olds in his cabinet. P.S. I love the secret garden cake. You kill me--you've come a long way from your Riobamba cooking days:) What was it you made that cracked me up? Something w/spaghetti noodles? Chuck was just telling someone about the time he almost killed you. Again, I apologize on his behalf.