Friday, January 9, 2009

Merry Christmsa and Happy New Year!



We had a quiet Christmas with just our little family which was nice. Oliver was super excited for Santa this year. He was the first one up and ran downstairs. A minute later he came running up and said Mom, Santa brought me Bubble Gum! I think next year Santa will probably bring him several different flavors of Bubble Gum and call that good. Even though you can't see it - Oliver's hat has 2009 glittered on it.

A couple days later we had visitors. Can you guess from Penelepe's toes who one of those visitors were? If you guessed Grandma DeEtte you are correct. We had a lot of fun With Grandma Ette (as Penelepe says) and "Our Chris" as Oliver says - to differentiate from Rozannah's Chris.








I love Penelepe's smiles! She is so fun! We love the monkey hair clips - thanks Aunt Lindsay!


This about sums up what Oliver did over his Christmas Vacation. Either watching Chris play his games or playing them or playing on the computer. Oliver doesn't know it yet but his New Year's Resolutions is less time with electronics more time with books and playing some sort of sport. Its just hard when its FREEZING cold and windy - I can come up with excuses and justifications for anything.


Penelepe had so much fun with her Grandma DeEtte - we also LOVE the monkey skirt- Thanks again Aunt Lindsay.


Ryan also had lots of fun with his Mom and brother. As he says he loves it when people visit, because I actually cook when people are with us.


Visiting the Joseph Smith home.

This is how Oliver walked around the Sacred Grove. It looks like Chris may have had enough - but not Oliver!

As for Violette and I, we had some nice quiet warm one on one time while they were out freezing having fun.

3 comments:

The Fami-Lee said...

Looks like fun! Was that Niagara falls? My kids are fascinated with that place because it's on one of the Little Einstein movies we have. Anyway, nice to see the pictures. Hope you're enjoying your home.

Collings Family said...

I can't believe how old Chris looks! And how young DeEtte looks with her dark hair. Love those pictures of Violette...I love babies with dark hair. Wish we lived closer so I could hold her!

Katie said...

Deseree- how fun to catch up on your adorable family!! I can't believe you have another (GORGEOUS) girl!! She is so precious. I wish I was close enough to help you or just hang out with you again. I miss you. Happy adjusting- knowing you, you'll do it with grace and flare. CONGRATULATIONS!

p.s. I'll never forget the day in Dr. Lunt's office that I spent with you, it is amongst some of my favorite memories with you, weird, i know but true.