Thursday, December 4, 2008

Introducing.......


One week old!

First day home!


1 week old.



5 minutes old.


I love all of her hair! I hope it stays dark!


I don't think Penelepe could have been more excited. When Penelepe had to go home without her baby sister she cried the entire way home! She was so mad we had to stay 4 days in the hospital!


Penelepe giving loves to her sister before she arrived.


Baby Violette was born 11/25/08 at 9:04 am. Weighing 7bls. 13 oz. and 20 inches long. She is adorable and we love having her in our family. She looks (I think) completely different than her older brother and sister. The first couple days I had to keep telling myself that she was my baby, because I thought for sure she would look like Penelepe and Oliver. She was swollen on one side of her face, which is normal for a breech baby, and she has the cutest biggest double chin a new born can have. The actual delivery was so weird and it wasn't as bad as I had myself stressed out about. Going to the hospital in no pain was very nice, and the actual procedure only had 3 bad moments other than that c-sections are great and fast. As for the recovery - all I have to say is Annoying! But I am thankful for modern medicine and the time period we live in. I've always thought I would have loved to live during the time of the pioneers (why? I have no idea) but honestly I would have been lucky to survive after Oliver's delivery and there is no way I would have made it through my other deliveries and Violette is no exception. Her head was up in my ribs along with her feet and her bum was down. There was no way she could have been born naturally. The nurse said she was the only one in the nursery who could suck her toe, which I thought I'm sure there were others, but she probably was the only one that could put her toes in her mouth without bending her legs. She had to have been so uncomfortable -good thing she is out and free now. Her siblings love her and Penelepe is her second mother who loves to climb all over her.

14 comments:

Carol said...

Oh Dez-She is absolutely so beautiful. I'm so glad that she is here and you both are doing good. What a fun addition to your family at this time of year. Congratulations! Take care and don't be in a rush to get back to normal. Let everyone wait on you hand and foot for awhile. you deserve to be pampered.

Falon Felsted said...

Absolutely Perfect! Love the Baby, Love the name, love, love, love!! I'm so glad everything went well and you have little bity home :) Wish you were closer so I could help in the pampering!

Stephanie said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations!

The Playin' Lakins said...

OH MY GOSH!!! She looks so dang cute! And totally different now that the swelling in her face is gone. What a beautiful girl! We are so lucky to have such beautiful, perfect babies! I too am SO grateful for modern medicine. Thinking about what I went through right after delivery, I am glad for modern medicine, too.
She is absolutely beautiful . . . keep those pictures coming!!!

Sierra said...

Congrats! She is so beautiful! I am glad that your c-section went okay. I am sure that it was a little scary when you aren't sure what to expect but now you are well on your way to being back to "normal" (whatever that is after being pregnant). Keep posting pictures of your cute kids. PS I love her name!

Kristen said...

Dezeree' SHe is so beautiful!! Holy Cow! Her hair her skin just beautiful! I love the name so perfect! COngratulations on another Beautiful baby! I hope that you are doing well!

Nate and Melinda said...

Congratulations Des. She is beautiful. I am glad that everything went well. I can't believe how big Penelepe is. What a darling girl. Congrats again.

Josh, Christy, C,N,J, and A said...

She is Goregeous!!!! I'm so glad you guys are healthy and happy. We sure miss having you in the neighborhood.

sheena said...

she is perfect!!! i love her hair!! so so happy for you guys!

Melissa said...

Congrats! She is so cute, I just want to squish her....I know that sounds weird but that's my way of describing cuddling. Oh...you are making me baby hungry. She is beautiful, I'm happy for you...hopefully it won't be too long before we get to meet her in person. love ya!

Sherri B. said...

Well, well, well, look at the cutest little family ever. You and Ryan make such cute babies - guess you'll just have to keep going! I hope you are feeling well. You look wonderful in your pics. They sure make me miss you guys. I am so happy for you and hope all is well. Thank you for keeping your blog going. Sure do love ya and miss ya!
Sherri

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness, that snuck up on me! I didn't realize you were so close! She is gorgeous--I love the hair. I had to laugh, because my little sister is due in January and just told me she's thinking about the name Violette:) So cute. Anyway, Congrats! And I love the picture of the sisters--Penelepe's smile is awesome:)

Collings Family said...

Oh my goodness, how did I ever miss this post? Congratulations and welcome Violette! (Always lover your kids' names). C-section? Yuk! I would have been so scared. Hope your recovery is coming along okay. Miss ya!
Molly

Brandon and Shanda Sawyer said...

Congrats on number 3. It has been a really, really long time since I have heard or seen you. Hope all is well and congratulations once again.
Shanda