Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Fought the Law and the Law Won


So we spoke in church on Sunday and I talked a little bit about obedience and how that word has a completely new meaning since becoming a parent. Why must children, excuse me, why must my children not listen. Well this is what happens when kids don't listen - they get hurt! Penelepe knows one of the rules in the house is to not go down to the basement. Why? because its not a finished basement and has things that could hurt children and the stairs are scary. Needless to say she didn't listen and fell down the stairs. Not only did she fall down the stairs, but since there isn't a railing on one side she also fell off the scary wooden stairs and landed first on a saw horse and then on a saw and finally ended on the cement. I honestly thought her eye would be gone when I looked at her. Super scary. Luckily all she got was her first black and bloody eye. Pobrecita!

2 comments:

Miller said...

That would have scared me to death. I'm glad she is ok and hopefuly she stays out of the basement now. Ever since Avery broke her arm she has not jumped off the couch.

Collings Family said...

My kids don't listen either. Clara slides down the banister of our third story apartment. I hope she doesn't fall! Miss you guys,
Molly