Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sacred Grove & Hill Cumorah


























Ryan and I have one real tradition in our family, that we have kept since we got married, and that is to have the lamest anniversaries possible. We don't really plan on them being so lame, but they end up being pretty bad. But this year we both were surprised at how fun our anniversary was. It wasn't the most romantic anniversary ever, but it was good quality family fun. We had the privilege of going to the Sacred Grove. I have always wanted to visit it, and it took us moving to New York for me to be able to go. I imagined walking up to a row of trees, I didn't know that we would be able to walk around in the grove. We let Oliver choose the trails in the grove, so we did several circles. We also went to the Hill Cumorah monument. It was the perfect time to visit, the lilacs were in bloom everywhere!

2 comments:

Collings Family said...

I am so jealous that you get to go there! The Sacred Grove is one of my favorite places EVER. So beautiful and peaceful!

Rachel said...

The pictures in the grove are so beautiful! You are really talented with your camera, Des! Keep it up!