Sunday, September 9, 2012

Living Wall

 This project consumed me for several months. I had nightmares for weeks about it. Ezra wanted to have a living wall in his home that was in the Utah Valley Parade of Homes. We (Ryan and I) planted the succulent section 3 days before Sylvie Rue was born. I was so sore the next day it hurt to walk. The pothos were planted about 2 weeks after she was born (which was almost as painful after a c-section.) The timing on this project was horrible with a newborn, but I've been wanting to do one of these for  years - since about 2006 when I saw one in the Bellagio in Vegas. Ezra gave me total design freedom. The bark section looks much better in the house than it does in the photos. To see how amazing Ezra's house turned out click here. I love everything about the home!
 We have had some issues with irrigating and getting the timing down, but for our first wall I'd say not bad - not bad at all.




No comments: