Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Let's be honest

Sometimes life is hard. We had the worst week last week. Just for an example of how our week went; as I was bending over to help Violette finish up her business in the public restroom my phone flew out of my purse and plopped perfectly into the toilet filled with pee. uhh seriously! (Now I can laugh about it - you should have seen how fast my hand plunged into the pee, 3 second rule). But as I was having that horrible week Elder Wirthlin's voice kept coming to my mind and him saying, "Come what may and love it". I did not want to love what was happening and thought honestly how I am expected to love this. So I had to reread the article and fell in love with it again. One of my favorite conference talks of all time. He counsels us to learn to laugh, seek for the eternal, and understand the principle of compensation. Life is hard but it's how we react to things that matters. Life can be sad and disappointing, but we can still love and be happy.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I hope things are looking up for you, email or call me if you need to vent, love ya!