Sunday, October 12, 2008

Who wants to go to the Library?

We are so lucky to have the library so close to us. It is only a couple blocks a way and we go weekly to get new books and videos. Since moving to Buffalo we have had no TV and its been great. We only watch our "shows" from the Library now. I do miss TV every once in awhile - like HGTV and Food Network , well and a lot of others - so its been good for our family to have it completely removed from us. Anyways its hard for me as a mother to let my children choose their own books and movies. I don't have to censor anything yet - but there are those books that I just can't stand. For example - The Bernstain Bears- they are so boring!!!! but my kids like them. Usually I will try to talk them out of it and find something else, but I usually let them chose the books so they can't blame me for a boring book.
So this week Oliver brought me his selections. The first two books he gave me at the same time and I just had to laugh and laugh and laugh. I couldn't stop, who knows maybe because I'm pregnant - but I thought it was so funny. He kept saying "What? What? WHAT?" He is so funny. Only a five year old boy could be interested in both Skateboarding and a Winnie the Pooh book at the same time. Or maybe there are some very sensitive Pooh loving skateboarders out there too. You never know. (Don't you love the hearts on the Pooh Book). I Love Oliver.


5 comments:

Carol said...

I used to love taking my kids to the library. Wow-that was a long time ago. Anyway. . .that is really neat that your husband is in school. Guess what? I went back to school 4 yrs ago (at BYU-Idaho) and I am majoring in Sociology and my minor is Marriage and Family Studies. I only have two semesters left to get my bachelors. I have been looking into a masters program but not sure if I'm up to tackling that. I'm getting old!! :)

Anyways. . .Rhianas email is rlgidaho@gmail.com. She would love to here from you. Scott is married and lives in California. His blog is http://newportgneitings.blogspot.com. Amy is in SLC working on her Masters degree in Occupational Therapy. Hollie is married and her husband is almost done with dental school. they are in Philly and her blog is http://camandholls.blogspot.com. Mindy is a sophmore at BYUI and is in the nursing program. Good to hear from you and if it's alright with you I will blog stalk you and keep up with you and your darling family.

Falon Felsted said...

Now you've done it - Jeffrey says we can't be friends any more because you think the Berenstain Bears are boring :) Good luck getting yourself out of this one :)

Amber said...

LOVE Oliver's selections! I first looked at the picture before reading the post and thought - Oliver picked the skateboard book and Penelope picked the Pooh book!

Lori said...

That is hilarious! My kids love the library, too. Carson will pick out an entire bag full of books and still want more.

Oliver is so grown up now! Both he and Penelepe are so cute! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing all your cute pictures.

Caridaun said...

Love the two totally different books. I hope you guys are doing good. John and Gage saw your pictures and John says Mom I remember them. We miss ya. Lexington isn't the same without ya. Caridaun