Thursday, October 20, 2011

Crawdad Canyon


We had a great adventure with our old vecinos, the Felsteds, from St. George. The kids loved it, and even though it was super hot in St. George it was perfect weather in Veyo.

Every time Violette sees this picture she says gross! I must agree with her, they are ugly. The kids had so much fun catching them.


Beware of the claw...


Is there anything more fun than a river and crawdads?


She was demonstrating "how to eat them". Just like that!








Lexi must have shown Penelepe some of her rock climbing skills.


I loved both of these pictures so I had to do both of them, sorry they are basically the same.





It was amazing how fast they turned bright red.


Jeff showed us the proper way to experience a Crawdad boil. I will admit that I've never been much of a seafood lover. But I managed to open my crawdad get the yellow mustard strip thingy off and all the hard shells and claws and all the gross stuff and chew as fast as I could to get it down. The actual "meat" part wasn't that bad but getting to it was horrible. Penelepe liked them, but Oliver and Simon missed out due to the Wii. We tossed quite a few back in the river, thinking we had plenty - next time we'll keep em all. Thanks Felsteds we loved it! We miss you already!

1 comment:

Falon Felsted said...

Such a fun day!!!! You win 1st prize for braving the crawdad!! I have yet to eat one of the little beasts! We definetly must repeat this adventure next summer!!!! We miss you but are so glad you are reunited with your heart throb :) Beware! We just may come to visit in November!?!?!