Sunday, May 22, 2011

Beaker bubblin bubble bustin backyard birthday bash






While we were waiting for all the guest to arrive we had a contest to see who could build the strongest tower.



The Trockel fam watching a failed experiment. We had 2 bad experiments. I guess I should have tried them before everyone came.

The colors were fun to watch as they combined and moved, once the q-tip (dipped in soap) touched the milk and food coloring.









The kids LOVED the rocket. Never a dull moment when Uncle Chris is around.



It was amazing how high it went. I love the kids faces.



I loved the self inflating balloons with vinegar, water, and baking soda.



Another favorite - the "Lava Lamps". During one of the experiments Jamal said, "BEST. BIRTHDAY. EVER!"


I couldn't have done this party with out help! Even with Ryan, Momma Lee and Papa Lee, and Chris and Rozannah it was still a crazy party.









There is only one place in Buffalo that sells dry ice. It took me 2 weeks to finally find it. Any guesses where I found it? A welding supply warehouse. So if you need some for your party and the grocery store doesn't sell it, unlike where everyone on the wonderful www said it would be sold, you could try there first.





The dry ice bubbles were a challenge to play with. Only a couple of kids could throw them up and catch them, but everyone wanted to try (and of course everyone said they could do it). I love the confidence of children!



I didn't get a picture of the big bubble, but this was their reaction when it finally popped.







So I might have panicked a little when Papa Lee said, "Don't try this at home" and started chipping away at the dry ice with all the kids around.


















The cake was unbelievable, thanks to Rozannah, Momma Lee and Papa Lee.



The classic Coke and Mentos experiment. I wish I could say this was the messiest experiment but it wasn't. We also made slime, what a dumb idea. Who ever thought of that should be fired from birthday party planning. Somehow we didn't get a picture of it.






Before bed we had to do just a few more big bubbles.





5 comments:

Olivia said...

What fun! Can I reserve your birthday party committee for Marley's 11th this Saturday? The theme is luau & it's a 10-girl sleepover. See ya there!

The Playin' Lakins said...

What a fun birthday party! Happy Birthday Oliver!

Falon Felsted said...

You NEVER cease to amaze me!!!!

Lori said...

Oh, wow! What a cool birthday party! I bet the kids all had a blast!!

elders_2 said...

Ok- that is so cool! We should've stuck around for this one :)