Monday, May 17, 2010

Two Wheeler

Over Mother's Day weekend I went to Toronto with several girlfriends for the weekend. It was the first time that I have left the kids, other than when I was at the hospital giving birth to one of their siblings, and I was nervous and anxious about leaving them. Why? Who knows. Ryan was home with them, I guess I was afraid I might miss some big event. Well I did.

Whoa - whoa

Penelepe's cousin Lorenzo, who isn't even 3 yet, knows how to ride a "two wheeler". We thought for sure this would be a major motivator for Penelepe to learn..... if her little cousin can do it...... Ryan and I tried teaching her, and honestly I gave up and thought maybe next year we'll try again. Well, while I was gone, Uncle Chris, a.k.a. The Bike Whisperer, taught her! Yay! No more training wheels - they were so loud! Thanks Uncle Chris!!!!



She has had one little fall since learning - but that won't keep her down. She has been doing an impressive platypus impression the past couple days.

4 comments:

Collings Family said...

Hooray for Penelope! It's such a big deal. Glad you got to have a girls day!

Carol said...

You honestly have the most beautiful kids. And it looks like they are so much fun for you. Glad that you got to get away for a fun weekend.

Ashley and Ezra said...

Congrats to Penelope... she is getting so big! Sometimes it takes someone other than your parents to teach you things! I know we learned to skii from my uncle, and all my cousins learned from my dad! Funny, but sometimes parents get a little too frustrated with their own kids, and it's strange, but kids listen to other adults more than their own parents! Hehe, Im just speaking from experience!

Falon Felsted said...

Way to go Penelope!!! And, can I just say that I LOVE that picture of Violette on the scooter!