Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What Every Woman Does NOT Want to Hear

In the check out line today, at Tops, the woman behind us was saying how cute the girls were. She then asked their ages and then asked ME, "When are you due?". At first I thought she said something like "what do you do", but she was staring at my belly! Seriously what woman wants to hear that! But I did what any respectable lady would do and smiled and told her that I was indeed NOT pregnant. Then I went home unloaded the groceries and ate a donut ( OK a donut and a half). And then later I made these....
But in all honesty - thanks for the reality check. Work out program starts tomorrow.

4 comments:

The Playin' Lakins said...

That woman must have been blind!

Rachel said...

yeah, i too have a really hard time believing that woman had a legitimate reason to think YOU could be pregnant. but i am glad to know you treated yourself to doughnuts. i would have done the same thing. miss you!

Falon Felsted said...

It must have been all those monsterous winter coats you have to wear to keep warm out there that threw her off :)

Sierra said...

Of course it is awful to be asked but it is ALMOST as bad to be the asker. You will have to make my mom tell you the story about asking my friend the dreaded question while poking at her belly with a fork. It was horrible for all parties involved. My mom felt terrible and everyone around about died in a sea of awkwardness!