Monday, November 2, 2009

Spooky Ward Halloween Party


Violette is our Super Baby Girl!

As we were taking the picture I told Lorenzo to "FLY". His costume was amazing and it was all hand sown by Rozannah (doesn't she make you sick?!) He looked darling as did Solomon, sorry no pictures of him.
The past few Halloweens I have either been an old lady or the big bad wolf who ate an old lady - so I thought I'd take a younger approach this year. I think from now on I'll do my makeup like this everyday. I better call my mary kay lady and stock up on black eyeliner (oh and buy eye make up remover - that took forever to get off).

If you googled best Halloween cupcakes I'm sure you saw these. I couldn't resist making these - they were so fun!

And if you're wondering what your cupcakes would look like if you stored them in the oven, away from kids and their grabby hands, and then preheated the oven for sugar cookies and forgot about your Frankenstein army - here is a picture. Please don't cry - the second batch was way faster.

6 comments:

The Playin' Lakins said...

Good job on those cupcakes, they looked awesome!

Maggie said...

So many wonderful things are happening in this post I hardly know where to start! First, Rozannah does make me a little sick but mostly just so impressed! That costume looks amazing! Second, all the kids look adorable! You look like a teenager in that picture, so HAWT & young! Those cupcakes look awesome too, if I didn't KNOW I'd eat an entire batch to myself I'd attempt them next year! Looks like Halloween was a success for you guys!

Collings Family said...

Oh my gosh - Oliver looks SOOOO grown up in those pictures!

That's how I wear my eye make up every day. Except I use Avon.

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

You crack me up:) I can totally hear your voice when I read this:) I'm just going to comment on the last three posts here, ok?
1. Voilette is such a doll.
2. I totally had to do a double take at that picture of you. I thought, "man, Des must be going through an early mid-life crisis or something:)"
3. We have to do the ghetto plastic on our windows too:) I could not stop laughing at that pic.
4. Penelepe is amazing! I wish I had that kind of sleeping talent:) So funny!

Falon Felsted said...

I'm diggin' your dark eye liner! VERY becoming! You'll have to give me some pointers next time you're in town :) Have to say I had a good laugh about the fate of your first little army! Bet the sorry little critters never saw it coming!