Sunday, May 3, 2009

Oliver's Week

Happy 6th Birthday Oliver! Oliver and Cannon had a joint birthday party with their friends from class and the neighborhood.
Cannon's Dad made a cute pin the pants on Sponge Bob.

And of course Oliver wouldn't think it was a birthday without a Pinata! The pinata was suppose to be a homemade Stegosaurus, but as you can see it ended up being a triple lunch sack pinata. I finally realized that kids could careless if it was a nice dinosaur pinata or a bag, as long as they get to smash something and candy falls out, so why spend time I didn't have making a nice one. We made three pinatas, all decorated by Oliver, and the kids loved it!



Oliver's "snack" for his Kindergarten class. I'm sure his teacher hated me -there was way too much frosting.

Cupcakes for the joint birthday party. ... . . ...

And Birthday Dino Cake by Aunt Rozannah! It has been a good week!

Oliver received this camera for his birthday - we'll see if we can post some of his photos later.
Oliver also received some cash for his birthday. I told him he should really think about what he would like to get with it, so he doesn't waste it. He thought for a moment, and then he said, "Well with some of it I'll get Dad a curved knife", we still have no idea where that came from - then he said, "and Mom you like flowers - I'll get you some fresh flowers." Ohhh he can be so sweet when he wants!

Oliver had a soccer game on his Birthday, and he really wanted to play goalie. He did a great job! As you can see from the score (his team was Home) no one scored on him. He asked me after the game if I got a picture of the scoreboard! He was so happy because not only did no one score on the other team, but this is the first game they have won, and it all happened on his Birthday!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it! The whole week sounds great, you are a great mom!! the cupcakes were so cute and the paper bag pinata idea is awesome since brooklyn wants a High School Musical pinata and they are $17!!! I said no way!

Octavia and Malaki said...

love it!! what a stud!!!! love the flowers idea that was cute!! we miss you guys. and zannahs cake?? what the...haha..pile of sugar?? haha love it!! we miss you guys. i need to post on mine i've been bad. but we love you!!!

Ashley and Ezra said...

What a stud! I guess he has found his calling as the goalie!!!